HACS: Hospital Acquired Conditions Collaborative Program
- With its HACs Initiative, The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and the Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC) link hospital payments to performance for hospital- acquired conditions.
- As a result of the HACs Initiative, Adfinitas Health established a collaborative program for its partner hospitals to reduce their financial exposure, improve the quality of care and provider documentation, and reduce costs.
Proper Documentation May Prevent Potential Penalties
- The program advocates proper patient evaluation and accurate provider documentation in medical records, helping to minimize preventable complications and potential financial penalties that could apply.
MDICS HACs Initiative programs include:
- Clinical oversight of HAC audit process
- Chart reviews prior to submission to regulatory agencies
- Education and training provided to MDICS-employed clinical staff
- Data compilation and feedback of results to designated hospital personnel
- Identification of potential HAC performance improvement opportunities, and development of action plans, in collaboration with hospital team
For more information about how Adfinitas Health can improve quality of care and provider documentation as well as reducing costs and outcomes for your hospital, please contact Idara Nickelson, Vice President of Business Development at INickelson@AdfinitasHealth.com