TRANSITIONAL CARE MANAGEMENT (TCM) CODES
What are TCM Codes?
- On November 1, 2012, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the final 2013 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.
CMS now offers new Medicare coverage for two transitional care management (TCM) codes: 99495 and 99496.
- These codes are designed to pay a patient’s physician or practitioner to coordinate the patient’s care in the 30 days following a hospital or nursing facility stay.
Approximate Medicare reimbursement: $135 - $231.
How can Adfinitas Health assist primary care physicians?
- Adfinitas Health is a private hospitalist group dedicated to providing comprehensive, cost-effective, high-quality care to patients in acute and post-acute care settings. Adfinitas Health is a pioneer in hospitalist medicine and care coordination.
- If you work with an Adfinitas Health provider, we will notify your office by sending an auto fax with discharge information when your patients are admitted to one of our partner hospitals.
- If you are interested in working with Adfinitas Health providers, please contact us at INickelson@AdfinitasHealth.com or call Idara Nickelson at (410) 999-1144.