Pediatric Hospitalist – Part time
Part time Pediatric Hospitalist position available. 1-6 shifts per month
- Provides pediatric medical hospitalist services
- Responsible for attending deliveries, stabilizing newborns and providing neonatal services.
- Resuscitate, stabilize and identify critical aspects of newborns
- Attend all c-sections and instrumentation deliveries and deliveries otherwise requested by obstetrics
- Work closely with obstetrician to create a safe environment in the delivery room
- Consults for ED physicians regarding pediatric patients
- Create, direct, coordinate, and supervise the patient care plans daily
- Conduct/order diagnostic tests, and analyze results and prescribe indicated treatments and therapies
- Refer patients to medical specialists, social services or other professionals as appropriate
- Round on existing pediatric patients in multidisciplinary rounds
- Work as part of an integrated team with care management, nursing, pharmacy, etc.
- Assist in patient education and goal setting
- Participate and adhere to all quality metrics and goals as established and directed by Adfinitas or the client/hospital
- Submit accurate and timely charges for all professional services performed
- Attend committee, CQI and management meetings, as appropriate
- Board certification in American Board of Pediatrics
- PALS and NRP certification
- Active Maryland license
- DEA License, state Controlled Substance Registration
- Strong inpatient skill set
- Quality-focused team player
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional patient care
ABOUT US - ADFINITAS HEALTH
Adfinitas Health is a rapidly growing and multispecialty medical practice. Founded in 2007, we are a physician-owned and managed company, providing high-quality, cost-effective clinical management services across the full continuum of care in hospitals, critical care and post-acute facilities.
We recruit and train the best and brightest medical professionals and offer career advancement, leadership training and education, and the ability to practice at the top of one’s license. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants are supported by a dedicated team of business professional to ensure that the administrative and operational components of care are properly managed – allowing our providers to focus on patient care and quality improvement.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ADFINITAS
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, dental, vision, CME, 401k, ST/LT disability and life insurance
- Leadership and training programs available
- Malpractice insurance with tail, 100% company paid
- Cross-training opportunities
- Incentives for improved productivity and quality care
- Manageable caseloads
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Recognition of service outside of work
CALVERT HEALTH, PRINCE FREDERICK, MARYLAND
- Flexible block schedule
- EMR: Meditech
- ICU: Open
- Subspecialty support: Excellent
For over a century, we have been determined to bring the highest quality of care to our community. It is a rich heritage of dedication and commitment to excellence that we continue to provide today. We are dedicated to the seamless delivery of high quality medical services for each of our patients. This means supplying everything from acute, critical care to rehabilitation and home health services, all in the same continuum.
Calvert County is one of the best places to live in Maryland! Many young professionals live here, and most residents own their homes. Calvert County is located 30 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. and is bounded on the east by the scenic Chesapeake Bay and on the west by the Patuxent River.
You will find some of the best seafood, quality schools, history to explore, and marshlands and coastlines on the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean in the east alongside pine groves in the Maryland mountains in the west!
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
This is not a J1 eligible opportunityAdfinitas Health is a government contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is Adfinitas Health’s policy that all personnel-related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protected status.