PRN Pediatric Hospitalist
- Provides pediatric medical hospitalist services
- Responsible for attending deliveries, stabilizing newborns and providing neonatal services.
- Resuscitate, stabilize and identify critical aspects of newborns
- Attend all c-sections and instrumentation deliveries and deliveries otherwise requested by obstetrics
- Work closely with obstetrician to create a safe environment in the delivery room
- Consults for ED physicians regarding pediatric patients
- Create, direct, coordinate, and supervise the patient care plans daily
- Conduct/order diagnostic tests, and analyze results and prescribe indicated treatments and therapies
- Refer patients to medical specialists, social services or other professionals as appropriate
- Round on existing pediatric patients in multidisciplinary rounds
- Work as part of an integrated team with care management, nursing, pharmacy, etc.
- Assist in patient education and goal setting
- Participate and adhere to all quality metrics and goals as established and directed by Adfinitas or the client/hospital
- Submit accurate and timely charges for all professional services performed
- Attend committee, CQI and management meetings, as appropriate
- Board certification in American Board of Pediatrics
- PALS and NRP certification
- Active Virginia license
- DEA License, state Controlled Substance Registration
- Strong inpatient skill set
- Quality-focused team player
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional patient care
ABOUT US - ADFINITAS HEALTH
Adfinitas Health is a rapidly growing and multispecialty medical practice. Founded in 2007, we are a physician-owned and managed company, providing high-quality, cost-effective clinical management services across the full continuum of care in hospitals, critical care and post-acute facilities.
We recruit and train the best and brightest medical professionals and offer career advancement, leadership training and education, and the ability to practice at the top of one’s license. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants are supported by a dedicated team of business professional to ensure that the administrative and operational components of care are properly managed – allowing our providers to focus on patient care and quality improvement.
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND AT CHARLES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Flexible block schedule
- Average Daily Census: 15-17
- Daily Coverage: Team of 7 providers
- Night Coverage: 2 providers
- EMR: EPIC
- ICU: Closed
- Procedures/Vents: None
- Subspecialty support: Excellent
University of Maryland at Charles Regional Medical Center is located in La Plata, Maryland.
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a university-based regional health care system focused on serving the health care needs of Maryland.
We bring innovation, discovery and research to the care we provide all while educating the state’s future physicians and health care professionals through our partnership with the University of Maryland School of Medicine and the UM Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work and Dentistry in Baltimore.
CHARLES COUNTY, MARYLAND
30 miles southeast of Washington, DC and an hour from Baltimore, Charles County boasts excellent schools and a low cost of living.
DC’s energy electrifies our dining, cultural, and retail scene, keeping offerings diverse and dynamic. And while proximity has its perks, our 300 miles of shoreline and wide open spaces keep big city pressures a world away. Whether you like to climb, bike, sip, or shop your way to happy, Charles County is your gateway to go.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
This is not a J1 eligible opportunity
Adfinitas Health is a government contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is Adfinitas Health’s policy that all personnel-related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protected status.